Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Project - 2012 Audi A5 Coupe

Hey Blender-heads!

So, about a week or two back I started working on a new model - a 2012 Audi A5 Coupe.  Yes, it's another German car.  What can I say?  I like German car designs...and most European designs, actually (most of the cars I have in Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 are European)

So far, I haven't even mentioned this project over on BlenderArtists - I'm trying to go it alone on this one and see if I can avoid any nuclear detonations of problematic-ness, but I might just start a thread over there a bit later in the process, I don't know yet.
Anyway, here come the snapshots:

WIP #01 - Outlining important topological features

WIP #02 - Some completed panels with slightly messy topology.


WIP #03 - A bit of cleaning up around the front panels, plus a bit of preliminary outlining at the back.

WIP #04 - A turntable clay render of a more complete set of panels.  (Watch in HD on Vimeo, or FullHD on YouTube!)

So there's still a few things left to tweak on the bodywork, but I'd say it's looking pretty good so far.
In the next few days (or maybe sometime this week) I'll be setting up a new project page for it alongside the Golf GTI and NES Console.

'Till later, Blender-heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment