After working off-and-on for over a year, I've finally finished my NES model! This was created using only open-source software (Blender 2.5 series and GIMP) and is the single most complex project I've ever undertaken. :D
A few statistics :
- Number of vertices at final calculation (for rendering) : just over [B]1.5 MILLION[/B].
- More than half the textures used were created from scratch.
- Started in June 2010 to celebrate the announcement of "The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword".
- A real NES was used for direct measurements. This is my most physically-accurate model yet.
- Oh, and this is entirely, [B]100% Blender Internal Render Engine[/B]. No external engines whatsoever.
The NES console is of course the property of Nintendo - this is a tribute by a fan to what is probably the greatest gaming console ever created :D
...my mind is actually having trouble adjusting to the fact that I really am done O_o