Just finished the head of the screw I'll be using everywhere on the console pieces!
On the left is my first try, with a structure similar to those of the 3D Magnemite; on the right is the final version, which is much nicer :D
|Planning your topology ahead of time really helps.|
Took about as long to make both, but I took a bit more time to think about the topology I needed before actually starting on the second cap, which really made a difference. I usually do a 50/50 of topology planning and topology improvisation/tweaking.
That corner on the inside of the bit-head was kinda tough though - I ended up incorporating it's sharpening edge-loops into it's structure instead of them being easily removable and editable.
The final one (on the right) isn't 100% circular, but once I get to the actual thread-section I'll fix that up :D