Don't worry, I haven't abandoned my blog, I'm still here, just much busier. ;)
So, over the weekend I finally made some real progress on the project, especially on Sunday - I listened to Sonic the Hedgehog music the entire time I was modelling, so that probably helped - you know, he's....fast. Really fast. "Faster than the speed of sound!"
Anyway, enough about Sonic and other random stuff, time for some WIP pictures!
|A snapshot of the input panel on the back of the television.|
|And an overview of the entire mesh in progress.|
However, almost an hour after that render, it was already out of date - I re-modified the curve of the screen and a few other things.
I also got a big surprise when I posted the results on the BlenderArtists WIP Thread - a fellow Blenderhead named Ssawyer posted a great video-response to my project, which kinda made me fall out of my chair (in my head, at least):
On top of the great comments, he had some really great suggestions for bringing down the vertex count on some of the objects - mainly the screws. So, by following along with the video, I rebuilt the screws almost completely, but with 240 less vertices, which was really, really awesome.
|The difference is subtle, but it's enough to bring down the vertex count by 1/4|
Also learned a new keyboard trick - Shift-Alt-S, or "Set to Sphere" - which I know will be super useful, I've been looking for something like it for a long time :D Ssawyer's been really supportive and encouraging, I got another great reply from him on DeviantART - I found him there because of his video, actually, hahaha.
Well, that's it from me for now. May the Blend be with you!